Typically comprised of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metal, sterling silver is a beautiful, and if cared for properly, long-lasting addition to any jewelry collection.
Sterling silver care:
- regular wear and a gentle cleaning with warm water and a mild detergent
- tarnishes are best removed with a gentle buff from a soft cloth and a high quality silver polish
- store jewelry in a soft cloth pouch designed for sterling silver.
- wearing your sterling silver in salty air climates
- never allow your jewelry to come into contact with products containing high levels of sulfur (rubber bands and even some papers)
Did you know:
- sterling silver rings have the ability to turn an individual’s fingers green. Acids in your body react with the silver, copper, or other metal used to create the ring and a chemical reaction (oxidation) occurs, often leaving a green or dark-colored ring on your finger.